Grant Application Guidelines
Deadlines: The Foundation Board meets quarterly. Call the office, (541) 772-5732, or see the FAQ’s for application deadlines.
Eligibility Considerations and Requirements: Grant applications will be accepted only from tax exempt agencies. No grants to individuals will be made. Only one grant per year to any agency is usually considered. The Foundation makes grants only within Jackson and Josephine Counties with the exception of a few statewide public interest issues directly affecting persons living in these counties. The Foundation rarely makes multi-year grants, grants for historical applications, hospital construction or equipment, group or individual trips, or activities for religious purposes.
To facilitate copying, please do not staple or clip, use 8 1/2 x 11 white paper, printed on one side only.
E-mail applications are accepted with a signed Cover Sheet Form. Applications should include the following:
Application Cover Sheet: The Cover Sheet Form is available by clicking on the link below or from the Carpenter Foundation office. Please fill out all the blanks on the cover sheet either on the website or on a printed form and submit with your application. A signature is required on this form. Please do not submit a cover letter. Click here to view the form
- Proposal Information: (no more than 4 pages, please number each page in this section)
- Description of the proposal or project, and the community needs that it addresses.
- Review of the applicant agency, its purpose and services to the community, its staffing and use of volunteers.
- The project budget, showing specifically how the grant funds will be used, as well as other possible funding sources for this project.
- Description of how the project will be funded in the future (if applicable).
- The planning process, staffing and timeline for the project.
- Result expected and proposed evaluation method.
- Any recent independent board fundraising efforts.
- Required Attachments:
- Detailed budget for the agency’s current year and the year for which the project is proposed (if different). The Foundation does not fund administrative costs based on a flat percentage of the project budget.
- Income statement and balance sheet from the most recently completed fiscal year (or audit, if available). No 990’s please.
- List of board of directors, occupations, and addresses.
- Approval of the application by the agency’s board of directors.
- Copy of the IRS exemption letter under section 501(c)(3).
The applicant agency is ordinarily scheduled to meet with the Program Review Committee of the Foundation Board for a brief discussion, some days prior to the meeting at which the Foundation’s Board of Trustees makes grant decisions.